Common Cases After Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents happen for different reasons, and understanding these causes is essential in promoting road safety and preventing future incidents. Some common causes include:
- Distracted Driving: Engage in activities that divert the rider’s attention from the road, such as texting or using a GPS device.
- Lane Splitting: Riding between lanes of slow-moving or stationary vehicles can lead to accidents, reducing the space available to maneuver.
- Speeding: Driving above the speed limit diminishes the rider’s capacity to respond promptly to unexpected changes in traffic conditions.
- Driver’s Negligence: Neglecting a signal when turning can cause serious accidents.
- Road Conditions: Potholes, debris, and uneven road surfaces pose significant risks to motorcyclists.
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI): Alcohol or drug-impaired drivers are a significant risk to motorcyclists, as they may have impaired judgment and reduced reaction times.
- Inexperienced Drivers: Motorcyclists who lack proper training and experience may struggle to handle their bikes or make unsafe maneuvers.
- Left-Turn Collisions: Accidents often occur when a vehicle making a left turn fails to yield the right of way to an oncoming motorcyclist.
- Vehicle Blind Spots: Motorcycles can easily get lost in the blind spots of larger vehicles, leading to accidents when drivers change lanes without seeing them.
- Dooring Accidents: When drivers or passengers of parked cars open their doors without checking for approaching motorcyclists, it can result in serious collisions.
Injuries After Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents can lead to severe injuries with life-altering consequences for riders. Understanding the impact of these injuries is crucial in seeking proper compensation and support.
- Severe abrasions and skin injuries due to contact with the road surface during a crash
- Fractures and Broken Bones, especially in the arms, legs, and collarbone
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI) that result in long-term cognitive impairment
- Spinal Cord Injuries Lead to paralysis or partial loss of motor function
- Internal Injuries that Damage organs due to the force of the impact
- In extreme cases, motorcycle accidents can result in losing arms or legs
Who Can Pursue Compensation?
Those who can pursue compensation after a motorcycle accident include:
- Injured Motorcyclists: Riders injured in an accident caused by another party’s negligence can seek compensation for their injuries and damages.
- Passengers: Passengers on the motorcycle injured in an accident can also be eligible for compensation from the at-fault party.
- Family Members: In wrongful death cases, surviving family members of a deceased motorcyclist may pursue compensation through a wrongful death claim.
How The Sorenson Law Firm Can Help You Recovering Damages
The Sorenson Law Firm is committed to helping you recover a comprehensive range of damages after a Tempe motorcycle accident claim in Arizona. We will work tirelessly to pursue the following types of damages based on the case type on your behalf:
- Medical Expenses
- Lost Wages
- Property Damage
- Loss of Earning Capacity
- Pain and Suffering
- Disfigurement and Scarring
- Loss of Consortium
- Punitive Damages
We will carefully assess the specific details of your case, collaborate with experts when necessary, and fight for the maximum compensation you deserve. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we are fully prepared to take your case to trial and advocate vigorously for your rights in court. Our goal is to alleviate the burdens you face after the motorcycle accident and provide the support you need to recover and move forward with your life.
Our Approach to Handling your Case
The Sorenson Law Firm handles accident cases with a profound sense of compassion for our clients and their families. Our dedicated team of attorneys focuses on details and brings knowledge to every case. We combine our deep understanding of Arizona’s motorcycle accident laws with unwavering tenacity to fight for justice and fair compensation. When you choose us, you gain a relentless advocate dedicated to guiding you through the legal process, empowering you with information, and providing the personalized attention you need during this challenging time. Here is our approach to handling the case:
Understanding Your Case:
Our priority is to comprehend the specific details of your Tempe motorcycle accident case. We encourage you to contact us for a free initial consultation where you can share your experience and provide us with essential information, such as:
- Date, time, and location of the accident
- Parties involved, including other drivers, witnesses, or entities
- Accident details and resulting injuries
- Any official reports or documents related to the incident
Establishing liability is of utmost importance in cases involving motorcycle accidents. Our experienced attorneys will conduct a comprehensive investigation to determine the parties responsible for the collision. This investigation may include the following:
- Analyzing police reports and eyewitness testimonies
- Examining traffic camera footage or any available video evidence
- Consulting with accident reconstruction experts if needed
As discussed before, We thoroughly assess the extent of your financial and non-financial losses to ensure you receive fair compensation. This loss may include current and future medical expenses, lost income, property damage, pain and suffering, mental stress, and other related factors.
Negotiation and Settlement:
With our experienced negotiators on your side, we will engage with the insurance companies and the at-fault party’s legal representatives to pursue a fair settlement. We aim to achieve the best outcome without needing a lengthy court battle. However, we are always prepared to go to trial if necessary to fully protect your rights and interests.
Litigation, if needed:
We are prepared to escalate the case to trial if negotiation cannot reach a fair settlement. Our litigation team is well-versed in presenting compelling arguments and evidence before the court. We will vigorously battle for your rights and ensure the fair compensation you deserve.
Our commitment to offering compassionate and personalized support remains unwavering throughout the process. We empathize with the physical, emotional, and financial hardships experienced by victims and their families. Therefore, our team is committed to keeping you informed about the progress of your case, addressing any questions you may have, and assisting you in making informed decisions. We strive to maintain a polite and gentle approach when dealing with clients while also closely monitoring the investigation of the responsible party. The Sorenson Law Firm advocates for the principles of fair justice.
No Fee Unless We Win:
The Sorenson Law Firm operates on a contingency fee basis for all personal injury cases, including Tempe motorcycle accident cases. You don’t pay us any legal fees unless we successfully secure compensation for you. Our commitment to this approach reflects our confidence in our abilities and genuine desire to help those in need.
Still on the fence? Don’t hesitate to contact us. If you or someone you care about has been injured in a motorcycle accident in Arizona. The Sorenson Law Firm is dedicated to offering you the highest quality legal assistance you deserve. Get in touch with us now to schedule a complimentary consultation and begin the process of pursuing the justice and compensation necessary to progress in your life after a motorcycle accident.
You can contact us by calling (480) 839-9500 or visiting our office at 950 West Elliot Road, Suite 226, Tempe, Arizona 85284. You can also submit your legal inquiry through our website.