Johnny Sorenson is the founding and managing attorney of The Sorenson Law Firm, LLC. Mr. Sorenson has been practicing law since 1995. In 2005, after a decade of practicing in a large Law Firm setting, Mr. Sorenson left his partnership with the 480 Law Firm to form The Sorenson Law Firm , LLC, with a commitment to providing excellent legal representation, obtaining outstanding results, and maintaining long term relationships with his clients. Mr. Sorenson is an experienced trial lawyer with a wide range of practice areas including personal injury, wrongful death, construction law, contract and business disputes, real estate law, and insurance law. He is well known for his aggressive representation, no nonsense approach, and practical solutions. He represents both plaintiffs and defendants. Sorenson also serves as a judge pro tempore in Maricopa County Superior Court, is on the board of Directors for the Arizona Association of Defense Counsel, and is active with the Arizona Asian American Bar Association. Johnny Sorenson has a preeminent AV rating by the Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review System, which is the highest attainable rating for both professional ability and ethics. Mr. Sorenson is Korean-American, and he was born in Columbia Falls, Montana and graduated Arizona State University College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1995.
Areas of Practice:
– Personal Injury & Wrongful Death
– Business & Commercial Litigation
– Contract, Corporation/Partnership Disputes
– Construction & Real Estate Disputes
– Civil Trial Work & Appeals
– Arbitrations, Mediations & ADR
– First & Third Party Insurance Defense
– Insurance Coverage & Bad Faith Disputes
– Employment Law
– Creditor/Debtor Rights
– Commercial & Real Estate Transactions
– Contract Preparation
– Small Business Consulting
Admitted: 1995, Arizona; 1996, U.S. District Court for Arizona; 1997, Colorado
Law School: Arizona State University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1995
College: University of Montana, B.S., High Honors, 1992
– Serves as Judge Pro Tem for the Maricopa County Superior Court since 2011
– Board Member for Aztec Wrestling Booster Club
– Former Volunteer Youth Soccer Coach
– Arizona Association of Defense Counsel (Board of Director)
– Defense Research Institute (member)
– Maricopa County Bar Association (Former Board Member of
– Construction Section; Former Board Chair of Personal Injury and Tort Section)
– Arizona Asian American Bar Association
– State Bar of Arizona
– Preeminent AV rating by the Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review System, which is the highest attainable rating for both professional ability and ethics.
– Judge Pro Tem for the Maricopa County Superior Court since 2011.
– Obtained multiple seven figure recoveries on behalf of victims of wrongful death and professional malpractice.
– Defended multiple wrongful death and other catastrophic loss actions on behalf of insurance companies, non-profit organizations, businesses, and wealthy individuals.
– Numerous Jury Trial and Appellate Court Victories.
– Published opinion of Alosi v. Hewitt, 229 P.3d 518 (Ariz. App. 2012)
– Former Civil Litigation Partner in the Phoenix Office of the National Law Firm of Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith, LLP
– Legal Speaker on issues of Construction law, Premise Liability, Personal Injury issues, and Insurance, 1999-2005
– Legal Research and Writing Instructor at ASU College of Law, 1994 – 1995
– Associate Editor, ASU Law Journal, 1994 – 1995. Published: Johnny J. Sorenson, Adios Statute of Repose: A Temporary Aberration in Constitutional Interpretation, 26 Ariz. St. L. J. 1101(1994)
– Am Jur Awards (Torts II and Creditor/Debtor)
– Pedrick Scholar Recipient
– SBA Pro-Bono Award
– Sandra Day O’Connor Inn of Court
– Law Clerk for the Honorable James B. Sult, Arizona Court of Appeals, 1995-1996
Mr. Sorenson is a Korean-American attorney. He was born in Columbia Falls, Montana in 1970. He has been married since 1999 and has four children.