Causes of Bicycle Accidents
According to Injury Facts, preventable deaths from bicycle accidents rose by 16% in 2020 and 44% in the last decade ( 873 in 2011 to 1,260 in 2020). The following are the common reasons behind the incidences:
- People view cycling as a less serious mode of transportation compared to driving, leading them to place less emphasis on safety for cyclists.
- Driver errors such as distracted driving and failure to give way
- Lack of proper lighting and reflectors at night
- Cycling against traffic
- Poor road conditions
Our experienced Tempe Bicycle Injury Attorney can gather the evidence needed to increase your chances of getting a reasonable settlement deal with the insurance company.
Common Injuries Associated with Bicycle Accidents
Unlike drivers and passengers in motor vehicles with the protection of seat belts, airbags, and the vehicle itself, cyclists are at a higher risk of sustaining severe injuries. The common injuries associated with bicycle accidents include:
- Traumatic head injuries
- Fractures (Wrist, collar, and ankle)
- Soft tissue injuries (Muscles, ligaments, and tendons)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Road rash
- Facial injuries
At The Sorenson Law Firm, our lawyers have represented numerous clients injured in bicycle accidents, and we have secured favorable outcomes for them. We will work tirelessly to investigate the bicycle accident, gather enough evidence, and build a strong case on your behalf. Talk to us today, and allow us to help you prevail over your circumstances.
What to Do After a Bicycle Accident
How you respond immediately after a bicycle accident can greatly affect your personal injury claim. Hence, you (if not severely injured) or someone close to you should take the following steps:
- Call 911 if you’ve sustained injuries, and the police to create an official accident report.
- Exchange contact and insurance information with the drivers involved in the accident.
- Gather contact information from the witnesses to the accident.
- Take photos of the accident scene. This step is helpful when filing an insurance claim or working with a Tempe personal injury attorney.
- Contact a Tempe bicycle injury attorney to help you navigate the legal process.
- Notify your insurance company without delay.
At The Sorenson Law Firm, we often advise our clients against accepting any offer the drivers involved make without a Tempe bicycle injury attorney present. Once you accept that offer, you significantly reduce your chances of getting a better deal with the insurance claim.
Our Exceptional Attorneys are Ready to Assist you
If you or a close loved one has been involved in a bicycle accident in Tempe, Arizona,The Sorenson Law Firm can help you fight for what you deserve. We will conduct exhaustive investigations, negotiate with the insurance company, and advocate for you. Our unified team is dedicated to helping you recover from the physical, emotional, and financial toll of a bicycle accident.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the most common Tempe bicycle accident injuries?
- Head trauma
- Bone fractures
- Spinal cord injuries
- Severed limbs
- Road rash
Can a Tempe lawyer handle bicycle accidents?
Yes, an experienced lawyer in Tempe can handle bicycle accidents. For instance, The Sorenson Law Firm’s attorneys deeply understand the crucial laws and regulations surrounding bicycle accidents. They can provide valuable guidance and support to clients navigating the legal process after a bicycle accident. Contact us today to schedule an absolutely free consultation with a compassionate Tempe bicycle injury attorney and discover more about how we can help you.
Do Tempe personal injury lawyers charge an hourly rate?
Most personal injury and wrongful death attorneys do not charge an hourly rate but work on a contingency fee basis. This means that you only pay the attorney fees if or when you win the case. However, not all personal injury attorneys are transparent about their fee structure. At the Sorenson Law Firm, we are committed to making sure you understand how our fees are structured and what you can expect to pay.
How will a Tempe bicycle injury attorney help me?
A Tempe bicycle injury attorney can help you with the following:
- Investigating the accident
- Evaluating your injuries
- Negotiating with insurance companies
- Representing you in court
- Recovering damages
What should I look for in a Tempe bicycle injury attorney?
An excellent bicycle injury attorney in Tempe should have the following:
- A valid practicing license
- A proven record of successful personal injury cases
- Compassion for the client
- Resources at their disposal
Contact us today and talk to an experienced and compassionate Tempe bicycle injury attorney.